Sunday, August 17, 2008

Playing Solitaire

I was intrigued to discover the same person who took the photos I used in the music mosaic visited NZ recently and photographed another of my 'secret' passions: Kariotahi Beach. I suppose this is one of the main attractions of sites where everyone shares their experiences, visual and otherwise.
One thing leads to another.
You start to feel connected .
It's hard not to become too personally 'involved' in this journey. To begin with I was infuriated with the jargon associated with anything Web-related (mashup? splogs? bleader? blook?)
I mean, who makes this stuff up?And I resented the time it took trying to navigate through the maze. Now I'm almost enjoying it. It's strangely pleasurable -are we all just voyeurs and exhibitionists? (But I do miss caterwauling on the rooftops with my mates.)

2 comments:

Webtraveller said...

Isn't that wonderful about the web - that you connect with people who share your interests and who you most probably won't meet otherwise. And yes, it can feel as if the jargon gets over the top at times, but it is a developing field and the terminology is reflecting the concepts, using familiar words. Although the 'virtual world' reflects behaviour we see in the 'real world', it can never replace our relationships we have with family, friends and colleagues. But it does add an interesting dimension to life ;)

Biblio Chick said...

Bonjourno mio amico (hope that is correct - hopelessly out of practise.) What a lovely and tantalising site you have created. I do hope that you are going to continue because you are a tad different to the run of the mill bloggers and it will be most interesting to see what you make of the rest of the exercises. I am watching this space with great interest and anticipation.